The Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria fully licensed private university approved by the Federal Government in May 2007, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of Bursar.
The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the Western Delta University and he/she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day – to – day administration and control of the financial affairs of the university. He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the Instructions financial transactions.
The right candidate should have the ability to generate ideals that would boost the internally generated revenue of the Western Delta University.
1) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
2) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
3) Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA); and
4) Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
Possession of any relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Applicants must also be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of accounting packages.
All Candidates are required to have at least 16 years post-qualification, full-time, cognate experience, the last five years of which must be at management level in a public/private university.
Salary and Conditions of service:
The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable in Nigerian universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of five (5) years in the first instance.
Fringe benefits include pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the University Governing Council.
Method of application:
Applicants are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others, the following:
- Full Name (ii) Place and Date of Birth (iii) Permanent Home Address (iv) Contact Address (v) Cell Phone Number (vi) e-mail Address (vii) Nationality (viii) Marital Status (ix) Number and Names of Children (if any) (x) Educational Institutions Attended with Dates (ix) Academic Qualification with Date (xi) Professional Qualification (xii) Employment Records (xiii)Statement of experience (xv) publications (xvi)Extra Curricular Activities (xvii)Names & Addresses of Three Referees, etc.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR” WDU, and should be addressed to the:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Western Delta University,
Oghara Delta State,
To reach him not later than four (4) weeks from the date of publication of this advertisement. Applicants should inform their three Referees to forward their CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS to the above address within the same deadline
All applicant should note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.