Our world is full of talk – some of it is good, some of it is bad. But God calls us to listen: Listen to Him; listen to others; listen to Nigeria News and listen for the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
He has things for us to do. As we study and grow in His Word, we are to do what he says. Nigeria News says if we can talk the Christian talk, we must walk the Christian walk. Listen, learn, and be a doer of the Word.
- Can you listen respectfully to what others have to say?
- Are you allowing some quiet time and space in your life to hear what God is calling you to do?
- Others are looking at you as Christ’s representative. Do your words and actions bring glory to His name? – Nigeria News.
- Slow down; bridle your tongue; open your ears. Remember that you have two ears. “Be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to become angry. “ (vs.19)
- James reminds us that the Word is “planted” in us (vs. 21). Be certain that you are nurturing that seed of faith: “But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.” Luke 8:15 (NIV).
- If you are listening to the Word, but not living it, you are wasting the time God has given you. Get out there! Do what it says. Serve others. You are Christ’s ambassador in the world. (2 Cor. 5:20)