Before you apply these seven inspirations and tips to finding your life purpose, what would you like to be able to say is your legacy?
I believe that each of us wants to find our purpose in life, our reason for being; we need to have a motive to get out of bed in the morning.
We want to feel alive and passionate about something; something that makes a difference in the world.
We are not alone in this and yet many of us are still searching for that purpose.
Here are seven inspirations that may help you uncover what is already waiting inside you.
- Make a list of all the things you loved to do as a child. Do you have an especially happy memory of something you really enjoyed doing? Something that you were complimented on and felt extremely proud of.
- What are your favorite kinds of books? Do you love romance novels, arts and crafts books, mystery stories, new age and metaphysical titles?
- When you have some free time, how do you spend it? Alone or in the company of friends and family. Exploring the city or visiting the country.
- What do people compliment you about? If you can’t think of anything, then simply ask a few of your closest friends and business associates what they appreciate about you, what they see as your strengths and talents. You may be very surprised by their answers. Asking a co-worker will give you a much different perspective than asking a family member but both have value in helping you uncover your brilliance.
- What are you especially proud of having accomplished in your life? This doesn’t have to be about winning awards. It could just be about how you have reached out to offer a helping hand to someone who really needed it.
- What qualities, talents, gifts do you admire in others? Make a list of the people in your world and beside each one, jot down their strong points and the things you love about them. Be sure to let them know as well and make their day.
- If you had all the time in the world and money was no longer an issue, what would you really like to do? Imagine what your perfect day would look like from beginning to end. What would you have for breakfast? What is the view like when you open your drapes? How do you spend your afternoon, where, and with whom? How do you feel as you close your eyes at the end of your perfect day?
This inspirations exercise will help you to get to know yourself a little better and give you more insight into wherever your true purpose lies. #inspirations